Dear family and friends,
As you can guess by the title of today´s email, I hurt my ankle playing basketball. That´s about all the news I got. Or maybe it´s the only thing I can think about because it hurts a lot still. Oh and thanks to Sister James/Bredeson/Solomon for the Christmas card. Ryan looks super classy holding that koala. I hope you, Shannon, Kelly and Trapper are having fun. In other news, Elder Allen and I decided that we want to make a movie about the Book of Mormon after we complete the mission. Like an epic, better than Lord of the Rings, type of movie. I´ve spent my free time this week scanning chapter headings and taking notes on the narrative, as well as making an outline. It looks like it would have to be about 7 movies. I have no idea where we will get the money, or if we have to have permission from the Church, since the Book of Mormon is copyrighted, but I believe that anything is possible. I´m not trying to get rich doing it, I just love the Book of Mormon and want to see an awesome movie based on it. There are so many cool stories, and a movie would get a lot more people interested in it.
As for the work, we will have a baptism this Saturday. A little boy named Edwín, whose grandmother works in the temple. We also had a good turn out yesterday for church. I was super happy. The best part of my week was when we did a companionship exchange. The zone leaders asked my companion, the district leader, to go on splits with the other elders in our ward to see how the work is going on their half of the city. So I got to work with elder Allen´s trainee, which meant I was senior companion for the day. I loved it. I had to put so much more work in. I had to listen harder to the people and to the spirit. I had to decide where we were going to contact and who we were going to visit. It was such an uplifting day. I´m just one of those guys who rises to the occasion. I work every day, but when there is a higher demand, something in me always pushes me to meet that demand. It was a great day, and I even was able to set a baptismal date with a lady named Rosana. She has been investigating for 6 months. We fasted for her in my first transfer, and it finally paid off. It´s a testimony to me that God really does hear our prayers and see our fasts. We just have to be patient and put it in God´s hands, and he will take care of it in his own time, in his own way, according to his wisdom.
This is the last week of this transfer. I hope I get to stay here to baptize Rosana, but only the Lord knows where he will send me.
Elder Nichols